NYC Sushi: Gari Columbus (Sep. 2012): Omakase (Sashimi and Sushi)
Restaurant: Gari Columbus
Chef: Masatoshi Gari
Date: September 27, 2012
-Look at the 1st Gari Columbus post!
-My friend Victor and I sat at the sushi bar and just ordered omakase.
-We got a mix of sashimi and sushi for our omakase. After trying it, I think I prefer just sushi.
-Victor took pictures with his Nikon D600 (he has a real camera!), and I took some pictures with my iPhone 4S. You’ll see a mix of our photos here.
Right to left:
2. Kisu (sandfish).
3. Yellowfin toro.
4. Triggerfish (sauce: triggerfish liver mixed with wasabi).
5. Shima aji with ceviche.
The “I-have-no-idea-what-this-is-classified-under” category:
6. Baked oyster “sushi”.
There’s rice under the actual oyster, and the rice was baked with the oyster.
7. Yellowtail belly with jalapeno sauce.
8. Tachiuo (beltfish) with ginger sauce.
9. Branzino with fried seaweed.
10. Tuna with tofu sauce and spicy sesame.
11. Miso-marinated Gindara (black cod).
12. Salmon with roasted tomato and sweet onion sauce.
2. Jumbo shrimp with yuzu-miso sauce, with the head on the side.
14. Fatty tuna with Japanese pickled radish.
15. Foie gras with slow-cooked radish and balsamic sauce.
16. Sake (salmon).